The history of St. Paul's
- 1837 - Plot of ground is purchased at William & Monroe Streets and is landscaped into a Catholic cemetery.
- 1852 and earlier Catholics in Delaware City celebrated Mass at the home of Mrs. Ellen O'Neil on Washington Street.
- 1852 - A church is built on the grounds of the cemetery and dedicated in 1853.
- 1856 - St. Paul's is officially established as a Diocesan Church.
- 1868 - Diocese of Wilmington is established and Delaware Catholic churches are no longer under the jurisdiction of the Diocese of Philadelphia.
- 1883 - Incorporated under the civil laws of Delaware.
- 1880 - Membership was approximately 160 persons with 70 students in Religious Education classes.
- 1904 - Cornerstone is laid for our church at 209 Washington Street.
- 1905 - St. Paul's Church is completed and dedicated.
- 1942 - Plot of ground on Cox Neck Road is obtained from Elizabeth and Henry Curlett for use as an additional cemetery.
Delaware City Public School building at Fourth & Clinton Streets is purchased and renamed St. Pauls Parish Hall
- 1953 - Parish hall is converted into Delaware City's first parochial school.
- 1969 - St. Paul's School is closed and sold to Delaware City for use as a Municipal Building. Children attend Religion classes at the parish convent at Fifth & Clinton Streets.
- 1979 - Major renovations are undertaken at the church.
The Diamond State Telephone Building on
Adams Street is purchased for use as a parish hall. The parish hall is the center for Religious Education for the children of St. Paul's Parish.
- 2001 - Approximately 120 families, consisting of 277 members, are registered at St. Paul's Parish. There are 23 children in Grades K - 8 in our Religious Education program.
- 2004 - The parish celebrated its 100 year anniversary!
- 2006 - Father Siry retired.
- 2007 - Father Pollard joined the parish.
- 2010 - Father Pollard retired.
- 2010 - Father Clemens D. Manista, Administrator, joined the parish.
- 2012 - Father Clemens D. Manista installed as Pastor.
Copy of the Letter of Installation from the Bishop.
- 2014 - Father Clemens D. Manista assigned to Centerville, MD.
- 2014 - Reverend Monsignor George Brubaker, Pastor, J.C.L., assigned with the assistance of his associate Father Anthony Giamello.
- 2015 - The Korean Catholic Community joins the Parish.
- 2016 - Reverend David Murphy assigned as associate Paster in place of Father Giamello.